Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I want to be a Beta wife.

So I have been anxiously waiting a very special day for quite a while now. And by the title you may think I'm engaged, but it's actually lyrics from the Beta sweetheart song, from when I was pinned. :)

So here's the scoop. 

A pinning is when a guy wants to extend his brotherhood to his girlfriend and make her an honorary member of his chapter. It also just so happens to be a sort of "next steps" in a Greek relationship. Not quite engaged, but something a little more special than just dating.

What happened? Well about 60 of my favorite Beta friends showed up to the Pi Palace, and walked in in a line, each holding a rose. One by one they gave me a rose while singing a Beta song. To make things even better I had over 100 of my ADPi sisters there watching. :)





Soo at the end of this Beta train is the guy who melts my heart, Dustin. Looking so freaking cute I can't handle it.

He kneels down and I sit upon his knee (which was almost impossible because he was SO nervous = even more cuteness for Dustin).





Then the entire chapter sings ::
"How would you like to be a Beta Sweetheart? How would you like to wear a beta pin? How would you like to gaze upon the diamond? Gem of gems that never grows dim. How would yuo like to share a Beta friendship? Friendship that will last through life. How would you like to love a Beta always?"
and then everyone stops singing and Dustin sings::
"How would you like to be a Beta wife?"

In all, I got 66 roses. wow. and received the pin of the love of my life.




All in all, a pretty great day. Oh, and I cried. surprise, surprise. 


Not pictured: the awesome candle that Nicki made for me for the candle passing ceremony. Thank you so much girl, I love it. :)

Beta. 

No comments: