Sunday, June 12, 2011

Two roads diverged in a wood

I have always been a planner of sorts [in that I plan everything and nothing deviates from said plan]

So that put me in quite a predicament when a thought popped into my head that I may no longer want to go to Pepperdine. 

I have a pros and cons list a mile long [can anyone say Type A?], and spent quite some time weighing my options.

I came down to this:

I know for sure that I can't afford Pepperdine without a huge loan &&& I don't know if I want to be a psychologist anymore.

Pretty huge reasons, right?

So after  very careful deliberating I have decided that, I will no longer be attending Pepperdine in the fall [and I am currently looking into deferring my acceptance- either way, I will not be there in the fall]

Wow. So that's the "big news" in my life. You may be wondering, so whats the plan [because there is always a plan]

I am going to use the next year to "find myself". There are a lot of venues I'm interested in, and I want to explore them all 

As you know, I've been dabbling in photography (just ordered some business cards) and you will also notice I have added and Event Planning to that blog title.

I am currently looking into event planning! I will be using the help of some friends (more specifically their moms) to network, I went to the Arizona Bridal Show today to meet some planners, you know. [side note- I was green with envy when I saw a million engagement rings- God help me with that envy, please]

Basically, I feel like my world is... upside down? I don't have a "plan" and I won't be in school. weird. I know this is the best decision for me at this time, but it still feels strange.

In close, join me on this adventure known as life. 


"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference."

2 comments:

Cameron Day said...

Kelly,

You have always been very goal oriented and driven. You are an inspiration to anyone who knows you. I am so excited to see where these roads take you, as I know you will do amazing things. You always have :) My dad always said 'whichever road you take is the right one.' Pretty simple statement but its true. Things always work out, especially for someone as intelligent and determined as you! I love you and am very proud to be your friend!

P.S I love reading your blogs! keep em comin!

Love,
Cammie!

Lauren said...

Kelly, I know that what ever you decide to do that you will be great at it and that you will succeed, you are too smart/savvy/beautiful/determined/awesome to not succeed.

Good luck figuring out where your path is leading you. I am having a hard time deciphering my future right now so it's nice knowing I am not the only one who's a little unclear where my path is taking me.

Pi love & all of mine,
Lauren