Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blogging hiatus and a rant

I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus. But for very busy reasons. working 30ish hours a week, while going to school 30ish hours a week, while doing physical therapy (ouch), and homework during my down time.

It's been a little insane-o. But wonderful. Because in one week from today I will be finishing my 90 hours of education and getting ready to start the exam process.

[begin real rant here]



When I first decided I wanted to be a Real Estate Agent, I thought it was awesome. And my friends & family agreed. and they are supporting me to the fullest. [as per usual] Because they know I can do anything I set my mind to. But then, somewhere along the line, random strangers felt the need to tell me how my decision to be a Real Estate agent was a stupid one, as the economy is pretty down right now. Why, thanks person I don't even know, you obviously know best.

Actually you probably don't. Bet these people didn't know that 70% of homes sold right now are short sale and foreclosures (i.e. crazy cheap)? I bet they didn't know that the nation is facing record low interest rates, and that if you have the money, this is one of the best times to buy a house? Did they also know that for every home sold $60,000 goes back into our economy? and that people like me are going to help make that happen? and did they know I have heard numerous stories of agents who are in their first year right now and are looking to make around $100,000 this year (while my dreams would be reached if I made even a sliver of that, it makes me wonder- how much are you pulling in per year, stranger?)? I bet they didn't know things like this.

Point of the rant- I am oh so energized and ready to prove these fools wrong. I will be making money this year, doing something I like, and having the schedule I choose. I'll get to help people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. And these strangers can judge, and wrongly assume, because I have my friends and family who will be proud of me. And frankly, that's a-okay with me. Love y'all. 


Thanks for your love and support

1 comment: